Thursday, September 27, 2007

"Why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)

"We encourage families to have on hand this (one) year's supply; and we say it over and over and over and repeat over and over the scripture of the Lord where He says, "Why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46) How empty it is as they put their spirituality, so-called, into action and call him by his important names, but fail to do the things which he says.
As we become more affluent and our bank accounts enlarge, there comes a feeling of security, and we feel sometimes that we do not need the supply that has been suggested by the Brethren.
...We must remember that conditions could change and a year's supply of basic commodities could be very much appreciated by us or others. So we would do well to listen to what we have been told and to follow it explicitly."

---President Spencer W. Kimball

I love quotes like this because they nudge me out of my comfort zone and create a sense of urgency to get prepared. So often I get lost in the every day hustle and bustle of life and forget that these are the last days. Wow! These are really the last days! It really is exciting! Am I prepared? Spiritually? Physically? Ahhh...so much left to do. One step at a time.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.