Friday, December 5, 2008

Pumpkin Pancakes

I just realized that I have a lot of canned pumpkin in our food storage that will expire in a few months. Time to find new ways to use pumpkin. Here's a recipe I found on another blog. I made it this morning for breakfast. My family loved it!

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 cups whole wheat flour
3 T brown sugar
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. allspice
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs
2 T. vegetable oil
2 T. vinegar

Mix together milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Stir into pumpkin mixture just until combined. Add more milk if necessary. Cook on griddle.

I also use pumpkin to make popsicles, shakes, pumpkin bread and cookies. I've even used it to make a cream sauce for pasta. Pumpkin is a great item to have in your food storage!



No comments: