"When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment...God will endow us with power." ~President Ezra Taft Benson
Prepare for Peace
A few months ago I was bitten by thepreparedness bug. Yep---it's true! And now there is no turning back. The senseofurgencyI feel to prepare is just too overwhelming. Many ofyou have expressed the same feelings. At first, I wascompletelyoverwhelmedwith the daunting task of getting ayear supply of food and other necessities. But I soon learnedthat, while the big picture of getting prepared canSEEMimpossible to accomplish, the process is actually a combinationof small steps that areEASY...andFUN... to do. The purposeof this blog is to encourage others to take these easy and fun steps towards preparedness. Have any thoughts, comments, success stories? Don't be afraid to share them. I'm eager to learn what I can from you! Now---let the fun begin!
Disclaimer: The goal of this blog is to ENCOURAGE....never toDISCOURAGE.
The blog has a range of ideas: fromsimpleideas for those who are just beginning to more advancedideas for those who have a head start on their storage.
If you come across an idea on the blog that you're just not ready for, move on to another idea.Don't get discouraged.Not every idea is meant for every person. The important thing is that you are working onSOMETHING. *****************************************************
While many visitors to this site belong toThe Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, some do not. For those interested in learning a little about this church, I'm posting some of our basic beliefs:
1. We believe in the eternity of the soul. We believe that we lived before we were born on earth and that life will continue after we die.
2. We are Christians. We believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the Savior of the World.
3. We believe that the original Church of Jesus Christ was lost and was restored to the earth in 1830 by the prophet, Joseph Smith. The church Headquarters are in Salt Lake City, Utah.
4. We believe in, and use, the Holy Bible.
5. We believe in, and use, the Book of Mormon.
6. We believe in ongoing revelation.
7. We are a family centered people.
8. We attend Sunday services where we study and learn from the scriptures.
9. We have Family Home Evening each week to help strengthen the family.
10. We believe in doing genealogy and family history.
11. We attend the temple to participate in ordinances that pertain to the family.
12. We have more than 80,000 volunteer missionaries around the world in 400+ missions who pay their own expenses.
13. We believe in being self-reliance, serving in the community, and participating in humanitarian work.
14. Members of the church pay tithes.
15. Members of the church serve in Congress, government, media, entertainment, business, and many other notable positions.
We also have 13 Articles of Faith that describe our religion:
1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in his son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins and not for Adam's transgression.
3. We believe that through the atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.
4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophesy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the primitive church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church on earth today. I know that our prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, was called of God to lead and direct the church at this time. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ. I know that he restored the church of Jesus Christ again to the earth. I know Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon and that it is the word of God. You, too, can gain this knowledge for yourself. The gospel of Jesus Christ has brought peace and joy into my life. This peace and joy is available to all who will embrace these truths.